1. Black FL, Schiffman G, Pandey JP. HLA, Gm, and Km polymorphisms and immunity to infectious diseases in South Amerinds. Exp Clin Immunogenet. 1995;12:206–16.
2. Poland GA, Jacobson RM. The genetic basis for variation in antibody response to vaccines. Curr Opin Pediatr. 1998;10:208–15. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
3. Poland GA, Ovsyannikova IG, Jacobson RM. Genetics and immune response to vaccines. In: Kaslow RA, McNicholl JM, Hill AVS, editors. Genetic susceptibility to infectious
4. diseases. Oxford University Press; New York: 2008. pp. 414–29.
5. Poland GA, Ovsyannikova IG, Jacobson RM, Smith DI. Heterogeneity in vaccine immune response: the role of immunogenetics and the emerging field of vaccinomics. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2007;82(6):653–64
6. Sinha P, Snyder JA, Kim EY, Moudgil KD. The major histocompatibility complex haplotypes dictate and the background genes fine-tune the dominant versus the cryptic response profile of a T-cell determinant within a native antigen: relevance to disease susceptibility and vaccination. Scand J Immunol. 2007;65(2):158–65.
7. Halassy B, Mateljak S, Bouche FB, et al. Immunogenicity of peptides of measles virus origin and influence of adjuvants. Vaccine. 2006;24(2):185–94.
8. Klein J, Sato A. The HLA system. First of two parts. N Engl J Med. 2000;343:702–9
9. Klein J, Sato A. The HLA system. Second of two parts. N Engl J Med. 2000;343:782–6.
10. Johnson KL, Ovsyannikova IG, Poland G, Muddiman DC. Identification of class II HLA-DRB1*03-bound measles virus peptides by 2D-liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. J Proteome Res. 2005;4:2243–9.
11. Ovsyannikova IG, Johnson KL, Muddiman DC, et al. Identification and characterization of novel, naturally processed measles virus class II HLA-DRB1 peptides. J Virol. 2004;78(1):42–51
12. Collins A, Lonjou C, Morton NE. Genetic epidemiology of single-nucleotide polymorphisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1999;96(26):15173–7.
13. Sachidanandam R, Weissman D, Schmidt SC, et al. A map of human genome sequence variation containing 1.42 million single nucleotide polymorphisms. Nature. 2001;409(6822):928–33.
14. Collins FS, McKusick VA. Implications of the human genome project for medical science. JAMA. 2001;285(5):540–4.
15. Spielberg SP. Therapeutics and toxicology. Curr Opin Pediatr. 1998;10:201–2.